Silent Auction Flyers
In an effort to help promote your silent auction or online charity auction event, you may be interested in creating a silent auction flyer. Good visibility increases participation, and in turn helps raise more dollars for your cause. Silent auction flyers are great tools to help spread the word about your event.
Flyers are a basic "one-sheet" designed to explain the purpose of your event and outline important details including: Date, Time, Location, and Event Website where people can gather more information or make online donations. If you have an in-house designer, it should be relatively easy for your organization to put something together. If not, we have a couple silent auction sample flyer templates that may be customized for your event.
Create a Silent Auction Flyer Template
We've outlined some basic steps to help guide you in creating an effective flyer for your fundraising auction event.
- Make your flyer visually appealing. Use compelling imagery that highlights key auction items and shows participants having fun at the event.
- Capture attention with an interesting headline and brief explanation of the cause your charity auction is supporting.
- Promote other fun activities at the event:
- Is the silent auction part of a fundraising gala with dinner included?
- Will there be any entertainment or celebrity appearances?
- Will there be raffle prizes?
- Details: This is one of the most important parts of the flyer. You need to tell participants and sponsors the "who, what, when, where, and how"
- Who's hosting the event? The organization and cause you support.
- Date & Time: include event start, pre- and post- activities, and registration/sponsor check-in times.
- Location: include address of event and parking information.
- What Else? What to wear, what to bring, are there any costs?
- Contact information in case people have additional questions.
- Sponsor Logos: You don't want to forget this! Including sponsor logos on flyers gives local businesses the opportunity to gain exposure to many influential leaders in your community, as well as event attendees. This is a great way to say "Thank You" to sponsors and is also a great selling point to include in sponsorship packages.
Need other resources for your charity auction?
DoJiggy offers charity auction software to help event planners organize and manage the various details associated with hosting a successful charity auction event. This easy-to-use program allows administrators to easily post auction items, manage event registrations and sponsorships, generate financial reports, and provides a secure way for people to place bids online.
DoJiggy also provides a number of free resources to help make your fundraising auction a success. These resources include: guidelines and tips for "how to run a silent auction", creative ideas for your silent auction event, and a number of helpful silent auction forms such as a charity auction budget, silent auction bid sheets, and a set of customizable standard letter templates (sponsor solicitation and thank you letters, participant registration confirmation letter, and a potential donor letter). All of these resources can be easily modified for your organization's ideas and needs.
Copyright © 2015 DoJiggy, LLC. All rights reserved.
The content on this web page may be reproduced in hard copy for non-profit distribution or linked only if DoJiggy LLC is acknowledged as the source of material.
Content may NOT be copied to other web sites.